There’s currently a movement going around the Internet, and I’m hoping to rally my friends to join. The cause isn’t controversial, it’s rather simple: Persuade the Broncos Brass to switch to the Orange Jerseys as their primary jersey.
I’ve been bummed about the jerseys ever since they switched to the blue in 1997. Of course the new uniforms brought about some Super Bowls by coincidence, but it’s time that the Broncos right things and switch back to using the beautiful orange as the primary jersey color. No other team in the league embraces orange the way we do (the Dolphins and Bears have orange in their team colors, but don’t make significant use of them). In face, as Andrew Mason points out, 40% of the league uses blue as a primary color, while almost 30% of them use Navy Blue – same as the Broncos.
I could go on about the convincing arguments about orange, but I’ll leave it to the Pro’s:
- Andrew Mason, MaxDenver.com: Bring Back the Big Orange
- Dave Krieger, Denver Post: Broncos should become agents of orange
I know this isn’t ending world hunger or anything of that magnitude, but this is an easy cause to get around and support.
There are three ways you can support:
- Visit BringBackBroncosOrange.com and sign the petition
- Join the Bring Back Broncos Orange Facebook group to get updates
- Write an email to the Denver Broncos public relations at firstname.lastname@example.org – or better yet, write them a letter at: Public Relations Dept., Denver Broncos, 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood, CO 80112