I just wasted half a day here at work because of one stupid character. We’re in the process of upgrading to a new platform and while I’ve been doing that I was updating my component of the application when I realized it wasn’t submitting. It wasn’t returning any error messages at all – it just plain wasn’t working and reloading the form. I went through and broke down the 80 different fields in the app and verified they were all doing the right thing. Then I went through and debugged 1600 lines of code.. Only to find that one of the fields that I’m relying on was depending on my input to be 5 characters, when I was feeding it 6 characters! Turns out it’s always been that way, but now the field isn’t as forgiving!
So I wasted four hours of my work day for a stupid character limit of 1! How lame!! More to come….